The Strangest Secret
Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. If a man is working towards a predetermined goal and knows where he is going, that man is a success.
- The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardness, it is conformity.
- A man who becomes successful tends to continue to be successful, because of goals. People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.
- The key to success is to know that we become what we think about.
- If you’ll think in positive terms, you will achieve positive results. Believe and succeed.
- The human mind is the last great unexplored continent on the earth.
- Everything that’s really worthwhile in life came to us free: our mind, our soul, our body, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends.
- Think about your goal in a relaxed positive way. Picture yourself in your mind’s eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things that you will be doing when you’ve reached your goal.
- To be successful:
It’s also remembering that there are enormous possibilities if you’re willing to pay the price.
- First, it’s understanding emotionally, as well as intelligently, that we literally become what we think about -- that we must control our thoughts if we are to control our lives. As you sow, so shall you reap.
- Secondly, it’s cutting away all the fetters from the mind. The realization that your limitations are self-imposed.
- Thirdly, to use all your courage to force yourself to think positively on your own problem:
- Set a definite and clearly defined goal
- think about your goals from all possible angles
- speculate freely upon many different possible solutions
- refuse to believe there are any circumstances sufficiently strong to defeat you in the accomplishment of your purpose
- act promptly and decisively when your course is clear
- Fourth, save at least 10 percent of what you earn.
- Ideas are worthless unless we act on them.
- Stop thinking about what it is you fear. It’s easier for a human being to think negatively than positively.
- The moment you decide on a goal to work towards you are immediately a successful person.
- Don’t concern yourself too much with how you’re going to achieve your goal. The answers will come to you of their own accord. Act as though it were impossible to fail. By being persistent you’re demonstrating faith. Persistence is simply another word for faith.
- Nothing great was ever accomplished without inspiration.
- The only way to earn money is by providing people with services or products which are needed and useful.
- Success is not the result of making money. Making money is the result of success and success is in direct proposition to our service. You can only earn money after you’re successful.
- Don’t concern yourself with the money. Be of service. Build. Work. Dream. Create.
These notes were taken from a book transcribed from Earl Nightingale's audio production.
See more on Youtube